My second attempt at a 1850s dress. This was very rushed as my mother wouldn’t let me start sewing it until after my sisters wedding, then I was working a lot of overtime and then I fell sick for two weeks just before the ball. REALLY sick and I was too sick to sew. Bodice needs to be refitted (it is too big) and the decorations were hastily added.
The crinoline: Truly Victorian’s TV141
The chemise and Draws: Laughing Moon’s LM100
Corset: Laughing Moon’s Dore corset LM100 altered to fit.
Bodice: Truly Victoran’s TV442
Skirt and flounced petticoat: Self patterned.
The lace bertha is purchased. It was actually for steampunk but I realised it looked great over this and I didn’t have time to make one.
The dress is a layer of nasty horrible polyester satin crap (it was cheap and the right colour! So shoot me!) with one layer of cotton (two for the skirt) over.
I finished this in time for the ball (only just) and… had a ball! I can’t wait to go again!
I consider this dress to be of costume rather than re-enactment quality.
I also have a view of me dancing here
and a back view here
which shows the decorations more clearly (they got a bit frazzled in some of the more energetic dances)